I have been experiencing bad headaches, the pain is above my eye and goes into the side of the jaw (pain 9 on a scale of 1-10). My main concern is that I have clear watery fluid coming out of my ear, it has been bloody on occasions and have a bloody nose mainly in the morning, the base of my neck is very stiff, i'm more irritable than usual,BP 128/90.

What could this be?? GP thinks sinus problem but failed to address my main concern which is the leaking fluid from my ear. When my headache subsides the leaking slows and then crusts over.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 12th, 2011
Supporter
I understand your confusion. I had similar symptoms once and was told that it was sinus related. It turns out that sinus problems can cause fluid in the ears. (In my case, severe allergies, colds, and sinus infections cause the problem.) And sinus pressure can cause headaches behind the eyes, as well as pain in the nasal cavity and the area below the eyes. The sinuses are so filled with fluid and pressure that they literally overflow into the ears through the eustachian tube.
I think you should give the medications time to work. If they do not seem to be relieving the ear fluid and headaches, then you might want to see the doctor again.
Good luck and I hope you get to feeling better soon.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Chronic pain affects more than 70 million Americans. But what is pain? And how can pain management help relieve different types of pain? Basic facts here....
How does the nervous system work to register pain? And what are the major causes of acute and chronic pain? Plus, who's at risk of pain here....
Acute and chronic pain manifest different symptoms. Learn the difference here and know when to seek medical help for pain....