Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

fleshy clot

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
fleshy clots

hi, i was looking at your post on here, and iv had the same kind of thing happen today, i came off my pill a month and half ago as i am trying for a baby, i was due to start my period 2 weeks ago, but nothing happened....i started to bleed this morning, and later on this evening i was in complete agony, with bach ache and very sore stomach...i thought id take a bath to ease it off...i found a large fleshy clot in the bath, it was like a clear flesh, with bits of blood in it...after getting out of the bath, the pain has eased off now, and im hardly hurting at all....any ideas if this is just my body getting used to being without my pill or if i should b going to see my doctor????
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 25th, 2011
Welcome to ehealthforum,
If you have saved the ‘fleshy clot’ then consider getting it examined by your doctor to see if you have had endometrial tissue passed out or have had an early pregnancy loss. If the bleeding is prolonged and associated with cramps, and clots, it could be suggestive of possibility of pregnancy loss. Do not ignore your symptoms. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation and assistance. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Avoid carbonated and caffeinated beverages.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?

replied May 2nd, 2012
i'm worried about a fleshy, not hard, unusually shaped lump on my vaginal wall that ive had since i first began having my period at 15. im 18 now and it hasnt changed much at all. It doesnt hurt, even during nervous about going to a doctor about it..
im scared about it being cancerous..please give me some general answers.. :/
Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.