Medical Questions > Cancer > Skin Cancer Forum

flat sun liver spot is red and itchy. Is it Cancer?

Must Read
What is melanoma? This section give you a quick intro to this particular type of skin cancer, including the entire range of types of melanomas....
Doctors are pretty certain that ultraviolet radiation plays a role in the development of melanoma. Which other activities put you at risk of melanoma?...
What does melanoma look like? Learn to identify early signs and symptoms of melanoma with this full description of symptoms of melanoma here....
User Profile
Hello everybody, I am new at this, but I need some advice. I got this thing on my right forearm that first looked like a flat sun liver spot, but about a month ago started to get puffy, reddish and itchy and I don't know what it is. I tried making an appointment with a Dermatologist for a biopsy but they are not taking new patients or will be starting in January. Does anybody knows what could be and if I should worry about and try to get help somewhere? I had breast cancer almost 9 years ago and it was stage 1, 19 lymph nodes were taken and everything was clear. I had a doble mastectomy. My immune system is week because I am anemic so I'm kind of worry. I live by the beach. I took pictures but don't know how to put them in here. If anybody knows how, can you tell me please? Thank you in advance.

Lila
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 12th, 2017
By the way, I posted the picture of my lession as my profile picture. Thanks for any help identifying it.
|

replied October 16th, 2017
"Instead of giving any medical advice, I would suggest you consult a professional dermatologist and discusses all the issues related to your skin because only the doctor is the right person who better helps you in diagnosing and recommending the treatment of Skin Cancer if it’s detected.

For your information, I list some signs and symptoms of Skin Cancer that include
* These cancers look waxy,
* Appear as a firm, red lump that bleed sometimes,
* They may develop a crust or scab that begin to heal but never heal completely
* They may be itchy, look like a flat, red spot which is scaly and crusty, and develop into a painless ulcer.

I suggest you consult board-certified dermatologist Marie Hayag, MD in Upper East Side, NYC.
"
|