Medical Questions > Cancer > Lymphoma Forum

Fixed firm lump below right ribcage of flank


I've noticed over the past year I've been suffering from a strange firm lump under my right ribs but has gotten worse, below the rib cage, flank side area. It's the size of a cherry and more prominent when I touch my toes (I realized last night). I've had an ultrasound done a month ago but it didn't go well because the lady seemed new and she, for some reason,(maybe because it's a safety rule), refused my suggestion to scan it in the position in which it stood out the most. Results said my rib bone looked a bit more prominent than the opposite side and couldn't offer any explanation other than getting an MRI. When she scanned me, I was lying down flat on my back which is strange because, in that position, it seems to disappear or "hide" inside the rib cage somewhere. Oh, sometimes it's so uncomfortable, it radiates down the right side into my abdomen, where that whole side (ascending colon to the cecum) appears to be swollen. Long story short, I think she scanned my rib bone instead of the actual mass.

One more complaint is that there are times it feels like I have plants growing in my abdomen, like grass or something. Prickly feeling sometimes. Super tired too. Never been so tired in my life. I have no idea who to see or what to do. Guessing games get expensive, especially when you don't know what specialist to see because you don't know where to start. Shocked

I found an old post of people with the same issue but accounts are abandoned now. 5.html
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 28th, 2019
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and I understand your concern.
The history you provided and your previous post which I have been through is suggestive of benign lump like lipoma,cystic lesion etc.I would suggest you repeat ultrasound abdomen by an expert sonologist because its easy to pick on sonogram.
I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lymphoma , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.