Medical Questions > Parenting > Infants Forum

five months old is sweating very much?

User Profile
My boy child who is now five months old (vic) is sweating very much the whole body and the boy health is okey what is the cause of this problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied June 7th, 2016
Has the baby had any other health issues?
|

User Profile
replied December 28th, 2016
My baby girl sweats a lot, I don't think it is necessarily a problem it seems that babies run a bit warmer than us.

But if you think it's excessive sweating you may want to see a pediatrician.
|

User Profile
replied November 21st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.Hyperhidrosis in a five months old is not normal and should be evaluated. He might be overly warmed or exposed to hot climate. Adequate fluids intake and milk and consult your pediatrician for the cause. Congenital hyperthyroidism disorders need to be ruled out. If all workup clear then just conventional measures would suffice.

Take care
|
Tags: sweating
Quick Reply
Must Read
A definition of the medical practice of infant male circumcision....
Is circumcision required for male babies? Why are boys circumcised? A quick review of the medical benefits of circumcision here. ...
What happens during a routine circumcision for a male child? Read more about this common procedure....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Infants , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.