User Profile

My brother's daughter is suffering from Fits disease.we took CT/MRA ,EEG . But none of the reports are showing any probem. we are daily using some meidicines.I am very much worried about using medicies as those will have side effects aswell.

Please suggest some way to get it cured or to find the way to do it.

Thanks In advance

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 21st, 2010
Epilepsy Answer A14482
Thank you for your question on

Children may suffer from a condition called Benign childhood epilepsy which is attributed to immature development of nervous system and most children grow out of this problem over the time. Some children recover in first few weeks of birth and some may take a few months to years. There is also risk of recurrence of seizures later in life.

But, epilepsy is of several types and varieties based on clinical characteristics, EEG characteristics, age of onset and family history. A thorough history, examination with required investigations will help us in establishing the diagnosis, management and prognosis. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.