User Profile
Good Morning All,

My Brother has fits disease since 7 yrs, Now he is 27 years old and he unconscious suddenly for few minutes. Please advise me ASAP what to do.
i m so worried about him he got married and Indian doctors suggest him strong medicines due to taking strong medicines day by day becoming very week. Please i m begging you all advise me..... AT LEAST ADVISE ME A GOOD DOCTOR FOR CONSULTATIONS

thanking you in advance.

Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Divinewellness

User Profile
replied April 2nd, 2010
Epilepsy Answer A11056
Thank you for your question on

Convulsions associated with loss of consciousness may mean an underlying major problem which requires immediate attention. Epilepsy can occur without any organic pathology; however it is very important to exclude organic pathology like tumors etc. This may need CT/MRI scan apart from EEG. All medications do have side effects in varying degrees. But, they may be needed in right doses to keep the condition controlled when necessary. Please consult a neurologist with previous examination notes and reports immediately for opinion and treatment. Thank you.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Click here to learn more about what causes epilepsy and the different types of epilepsy. Start here to learn about the basics of this type of brain disorder. ...
Get the facts on epilepsy types. Identify signs & symptoms of epilepsy. We outline different types of epileptic seizures so you know when to seek help....
How can you know if you're having an epileptic seizure? We outline how doctors clinically diagnose epilepsy and other seizures here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Epilepsy , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.