Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Vision and Eye Disorders Forum

Fistulas in the eye

Must Read
What is pink eye and how long is pink eye contagious? Basic facts on types of conjunctivitis and pink eye here....
Pink eye can be allergic, infectious or chemical. Details about what causes pink eye here....
What to do for pink eye? Learn to identify symptoms of pink eye first, and know when to seek medical help. Start understanding more here....
User Profile
I have a hole between the corner of my eye and my nose. It is not my tear duct! It has been there as long as I can remember, and maybe twice a year, a little pus comes out. My tear ducts operate normally, from what I can tell when I cry, and no tears come out of this hole. If it is some sort of fistula connecting to something else, what are the possibilities? It's not bothersome for the most part, but I am very curious. Thanks for any suggestions that could point me in the right direction.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 26th, 2009
Vision and Eye Disorders Answer A5888
I can’t say what this is in your eye angle, but if it was a fistula, you would have pus coming out of it more often than twice a year.

You could consult an ophthalmologist about this.

Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: vision
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vision and Eye Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.