Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Crohn Disease Forum

Fistulas-anybody ever had one with crohn's?

Just wondering if anyone can share stories with me in reference to fistulas? Not perianal but internal in, on or outside of the colon?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied December 8th, 2010
Have both now, but have not be diag. with Crohn's yet.

Seton drains, are uncomfortable but seem to eventually work, I guess, I has 2 intstalled. not in rectum but wire does go up to rectum as they are set up that way.

I now just had cutting seton for new fistulas in rectal area, not fun having removed and having colostomy bag installed. Feel your pain.
|

replied December 8th, 2010
Also had fibron glue but first round did not work...
|

replied April 11th, 2012
I have 2 rectal vaginal fistulas. I also tried the fibron glue...100% relief with one fistula opening but only 30 day relief for the other. I ended up with 2 seton drains a couple of weeks ago and now only have 1 due to the doctor removing it. The surgery itself is alright, the healing time is a couple of days; however, there is definetly a daily discomfort. You can lead a semi normal life but I recommend staying near a bathroom or knowing where one is after eating.
|

replied April 21st, 2012
I have 4 entercantaneous fistula's where they come out on my stomach. startedwith one in 2008 then others appeared after having surgeries, horrible things to deal with now on Humira to see if that helps
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
Crohn's Disease is a chronic disorder that affects digestion. But what is Crohns and how does it affect the body?...
What causes Crohn's disease? Does it run in families (yes)? And how can YOU avoid the risk factors of Crohn's?...
Can you identify symptoms of Crohn's Disease? Learn more about the range of symptoms from mild to severe in this section on Crohn's symptoms here. ...