About a month ago the area around my anus began developing white bumps similar to an ant bite. Since then, they have formed small clusters all around the anus, but not on my actual skin. My partner and I continue to have sex, so that is probably why they're getting worse. From reading other forums I have seen that first outbreaks only last about 3 weeks, while mine is going on almost 7 weeks. They hurt at times and itch at times. I am still covered under my parents insurance until I'm 24 and I don't want them to find out about it (for personal reasons), so I am just going to pay outright to go to a doctor and pay for the medication out of pocket. Is there anything I can do at home to make the bumps go away, since it will be a few weeks before I can go to the doctor? I just want these bumps gone, it seems unnatural to have them this long. I hope nothing serious is wrong.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2012
Your symptoms are consistent with genital herpes (HSV-2- Herpes Simplex 2) , as explained by the CDC--Center for Disease Control--leading authority on disease in America--remember the movie contagion? Smile

"When signs do occur, they typically appear as one or more blisters on or around the genitals or rectum. The blisters break, leaving tender ulcers (sores) that may take two to four weeks to heal the first time they occur. Typically, another outbreak can appear weeks or months after the first, but it almost always is less severe and shorter than the first outbreak. Although the infection can stay in the body indefinitely, the number of outbreaks tends to decrease over a period of years."

It's also very common, here are some stats.

"Results of a nationally representative study show that genital herpes infection is common in the United States. Nationwide, 16.2%, or about one out of six, people 14 to 49 years of age have genital HSV-2 infection."

You should def check to see if it is herpes, because there are ways to manage it. If you don't want to fork out a big chunk of money for a doctor visits, there are companies that focus on providing affordable STD testing (half the cost of a doctor visit). STD test express is a proven resource, you can call their free number and ask about your options 888-653-0412.

Hope this helps. Also if you have good insurance and a family dermatologist and aren't embarrassed that would be a good person to check it out with.
|

User Profile
replied February 8th, 2012
It helps if you buy some vagisil cream to help with the itch. It really helps me.
|

replied February 21st, 2012
I think, first you have to make sure that what you have really is herpes. You can buy Herpes Rapid Home test or see a doctor.
If it's confirmed, then you can take antiviral drug, like HSV-Zero, whenever you feel an itch (before any blister formed). If it’s too late for you to notice an outbreak, it will cure the outbreak under 5 days.
|

replied March 23rd, 2012
You need to check if you have an STD clinic in your area. I didn't have medical when I found out and my first 10 day supply of valtrex was almost $300. I went to an STD clinic and it was free for my visit. They diagnosed me and I get my 3 months supply that I take 2x a day for $30. That was the only way I could afford it. If you can find a state ran STD clinic it, they charge by your income and just tell them you aren't working, or if you make a small amount then you can still qualify for free care. Good luck!
|
Must Read
20% of the population has or carries herpes simplex virus. But do you know what herpes is? Learn about causes and risk factors for herpes. ...
Do you know the less common signs and symptoms of herpes? Get the facts of herpes symptoms and outbreaks here....
Herpes diagnosis requires proper testing. Learn about the two simple tests that doctors use to confirm a herpes diagnosis....