Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Broken Bones Forum

Finger Bone cannot apply any pressure

since a couple days ago Ihave had a pain in myleft index finger. my box of art supplies dropped on it andI believe this is why it hurts, I do not believe it is broken because I can move it, but I also do not think it is fine due to the fact that I cannot apply any pressureto it or an agonising pain erupts in my finger and up to half way up my fore-arm. can someone please shed some sort of light on my problem?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 16th, 2018
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

The only way to to be sure and to rule out a fracture is to get the finger examined and get an x ray of the affected area done. If it's normal and an infectious process is ruled out then NSAIDS can be advised for the pain / tenderness.

Wishing you best of health

Thanks

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Broken Bones , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.