Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Finding light in the darkness

I just wanted to say that despite whatever trouble someone is going through, there is always, always, always, going to be some light in the darkness. Everyone has some kind of issue, such as self-image and self-worth issues. From what I have learned, at the end of the day, the opinion that matters the most is your own. One cannot just let others put him/her down, simply because of looks, lack of wealth, or lack of status, or any other issues. It's time to realize that we have got to drain the negativity that has been bringing us down and focus on the positives. We have got to find the people that care about us the most, let go of those that don't, and take life one day at a time. One's life is not worthless and there is help, but one just has to find it. Life is too short to spend it with those who make us miserable, so it's up to us to take the positive initiative and a take a step forward in our lives.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 26th, 2013
Thank you
|

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

This post has been removed because it did not meet our Community Guidelines.

User Profile
replied July 22nd, 2013
Dear one,
I really appreciate your opinion and I found it nice but
I have got some questions :
First you said: "at the end of the day, the opinion that matters the most is your own", what happens if almost all negative opinion come to your mind when you are going to bed? is it in reality possible to drain our mind from miserable events happened to us?

you said: "We have got to find the people that care about us the most" what happens if your best friends even some part of your family like your sibling betray on you? how can you trust others? how can you get rid of disappointing thoughts about your life?

you also said:"so it's up to us to take the positive initiative and a take a step forward in our lives" Some how I agree with that but when you are signed with your "race" or "nationality" or "believes"?
what about people judge you by what has been decided for you not chosen by you? what is my mistake to be born in unequal situation compared with you?

eager to hear your reply Smile
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....