I HAVE A QUESTION. I am married to the elderly mother's son and my husband has two older sisters. She lived with us for 7 years until I found out a few things (one being she didn't like me or my children) & second because she had very nasty habits. She now lives alone & this is so extremely dangerous. She is now in elderly stages of forgetfulness, urinating on herself & other things. This woman needs help & both of her daughters arent' stepping up to find her a place to stay & both won't let mother stay with them. Both daughter's have houses & no children & we have 3 children but they keep placing the responsibility on my husband & I. Where do I look to help my husband find his mother housing?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 23rd, 2009
Experienced User
Administration on Aging info
Wow, sounds like your husband's sisters are full of self-centeredness. I'd suggest that you start talk with the Department of Health and Human Service's Administration on Aging:


You can find local programs, benefits and contact who can help you further. Be sure to search the whole site thoroughly, and call them with your questions. I hope that this helps!

Eldercare Locator : (800) 677-1116
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Aging: (202) 401-4634
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Understanding the process of aging and its effects on the body can help us protect our health. But what is aging? And what can we expect as we age?...
Learn how genetics and time play a role in the aging process. Plus, information on how to avoid certain risk factors of aging and how to have a long life here....
The body deteriorates over time. But which systems are affected and how? We take a look at effects of aging on different processes and causes here....