Hi, my mother was diagnosed 5 months ago with Fibrosis of the Lungs. She is taking drugs to combat swelling but her underlying condition seems to be deteriating. I have been with her to her consultant but it is difficult to ask awkward questions without my mother getting upset. I would like to be aware of what the future holds. It would help with care etc.
On a daily basis my mother is taking 40mg of Prednisolone along with 600mg of Natecal and 3 x 600mg of Acetylcysteine and her condition is reasonably stable. We are advised this condition is probably linked to her Arthritis.
I would assumme her breathing will become more difficult with time. There is another drug she is likely to take that is not a steriod, she awaits the results of a blood test.
Whats the outlook like. I may not like what I hear but need to know how long we may have left together and the likely quality of life my mother may have.
Many thanks for any information.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied December 12th, 2010
RobRick1962

In 2006 I was diagnosed with pulmonary fibrosis. I recieved a single lung transplant in 2007 from Integris Baptist hospital in Oklahoma City. It has been 3 1/2 years and I have had no rejection at all. It has been a blessing. My wife and I can more than likely answer any questions you have because we have lived through what your mom is going through now. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions. Hang in there.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....