Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

Fibromyalgia, IGA, high BP, Kidney problems

User Profile
Hi I was told in 1993 that I had an issue because a yearly exam showed that I had blood and protein in my urine so I went had a biopsy done and yes I was diagnosed with IGA well for many years my Dr would check me every 6 months and for the longest time I stayed pretty much the same. Until 2000 I started having mental issues they said I had depression and mood disorder but the meds they would use would flare my kidney issue and never really seemed to help.I'd be so tired and so angry because I was so tired at such a young age with no answers.. well in 2006 my blood pressure started to rise and my kidney count went to 1.9 I started having muscle pain and was told I had fiber mal gala how ever u spell it and I just figured my rise in blood pressure was because of my pain I have suffered with this still to this day some days worse then other. Well Feb of 2013 my kidney count was 2.8 and I have days the only energy I can muster is to go to the bathroom.I figured its the many blood pressure pills I'm on because they have side effects. Then Jan this year I was rushed to the er because my head felt like it was gonna explode the 6 different blood pressure pills I take and my pressure still ranges from 160-210/100-130 I can't seem to get this under control and my kidney count is now at 3.5.is the reason for my pressure because of my kidney issue I ask and all I get is we don't know its one of those did the chicken or the egg come first question well I'm 40 now and I'm tired of not knowing or how to get the right answers plz help I'm scared and don't know what to do next. my protein count must of been pretty high today at my Appt because the intake nurse was shocked what the dip stick showed not exactly sure what the count was but I'm gonna call tomorrow and ask.and I'm tired of hearing there is nothing we can do right now ur kidney function after ur 24 hour urine is aat 20-22% we will help u when ur function is at 10-15% so I guess I'll just keep feeling like crap til I'm on my death bed.I also had gout for the first time last year and I have flare ups like 5 times my uric acid count is over 10 with the preventive meds they put me on. Some thing has to give.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied January 22nd, 2014
OK just got s call back finally from Dr office my protein count in Feb 2013 was 500 this Jan 2014 my protein count is 2000.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...