2 years ago I had surgery for a fibrolipoma. Before we removed it we did every imaging test from X-ray to MRI and nobody was able to see it. It has since returned and with a vengeance and grew faster and I am in extreme pain. It is located under my left breast, on my ribs and is about 2-3 inches. If I bend too far is feels like it pushes between two ribs and pops out when I stand. It about floors me, now it is just throbbing pain and I can't do anything to make it stop sometimes. I have tried cold and hot compress and ibuprofen. Sometimes it feels like it is growing under my ribs and spreading, it evens hits my armpit and makes my nodes swell up. I don't know what to think or do and I feel like it is invisible so nobody takes me seriously. I just want to hear if anyone has seen this before.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 12th, 2017
Thank you for asking at Ehealth forum!

I read your question and i understand your concern. You need examination and work up to find this mess/ soft tissue however you also need to be examined for any gastric discomfort or gastritis . Apart from it workup for gallbladder and pancreas should also be done. To me it looks like gastric discomfort and needs supportive care with antacids , antispasmodics and diet Lifestyle modification. Consult a local physician and let them decide what is best for you.

I hope it helps. Stay in touch with your healthcare provider for further guidance as our answers are just for education and counselling purposes and cannot be an alternative to actual visit to a doctor.
Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Fibromyalgia causes pain in the body. Learn the basic facts about fibromylagia and how doctors define this syndrome here....
Are people diagnosed with fibromyalgia born with a lower tolerance for pain? Are you at more or less risk of fibromyalgia? More info and causes and risk here....
Symptoms of fibromyalgia can be mistaken for other conditions. Can you identify common signs and symptoms of fibromyalgia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Fibromyalgia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.