Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Lungs and Respiratory Disorders Forum

fiance with emphysema, and black mold poisoning

I guess I just might need reassurance but my fiance was diagnosed with stage 3 COPD, emphysema, and black mold poisoning in his body. He refuses to take meds because he doesn't want to become dependent on them. He is supposed to be on oxygen and isn't. He hasn't seen a Dr since march of 2013. That's when he was diagnosed and his Dr said maybe 2yrs to live. He's still smoking.
Is there anything I can do to help him?
He's really uncomfortable. He's tired a lot, doesn't do things as fast as he used to, doesn't sleep good, eats less, he says that his breathing is getting worse. I'm not sure if there anything I can do but any advise would be greatly appreciated.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Your fiance need a lot of critical care.Grade 3 COPD is a lot of trouble and more trouble is no compliance with medicines and no love for precautions and just doing what is not good. You can help him and assure him and persuade him to follow the doctors guidelines. Doing as directed will help the symptoms. Or the symptoms will worsen further.
Get him to a pulmonologist and let them take good care of it.he might need admission for recent infections you mentioned.Meanwhile visit our health centre for further guidance.
http://ehealthforum.com/healthcenter/
take care
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Asthma affects more than 22 million Americans. But what happens during a respiratory asthma attack? Learn the basics about asthma now....
Some people are more likely than other to be diagnosed with asthma. Learn if you are at risk of asthma in this section on risk factors and causes of asthma....
How can you identify the signs and symptoms of asthma or respiratory problems? We list the common asthma symptoms here and discuss asthma problems....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Lungs and Respiratory Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.