Medical Questions > Cancer > Leukemia Forum

'fever periods', weakness, extreme bleeding gums...

User Profile
I noticed a really dark bruise on my hand this morning, along with a few other bruises on my legs and arms. I'm not sure how they got there, but I woke up this morning and they were there. I searched up symptoms for leukemia and found out that I have more than one symptom, including 'fever periods', weakness, extreme bleeding gums, loss of appetite, frequent infections, and bone/joint pain. I might just be over reacting, but I'm really scared to talk to my mom. I don't want to go the doctor yet if this is just me over reacting. Do you think I might have a form of leukemia?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied March 31st, 2013
Leukemia Answer A42852
Welcome to e health forum.

Self diagnosis of a medical conditions (especially conditions like leukaemia) can cause more self harm and anxiety, and hence it should not be relied upon. Most Individuals with very common symptoms (fever, joint pains, etc) can get anxious about them, and start thinking about worst outcomes.

Overexerting Tooth brushing habits, bad tooth brushes, etc can cause gum bleeding. Long hours of play, work etc can cause body pain, joint pains, etc. Allergies and common colds are common in kids, due to them being exposed to other infected kids and people.

Hence common conditions need to be ruled out, before considering a young kid to be having conditions like leukaemia, etc.

Any minor child should always be confident and not afraid, to seek his parents advice and guidance on issues related to their health.

It would be highly advised for you to speak to your parents, who can then consult a doctor, for proper examination and help.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Click here for basic info on leukemia, including diagnostic types and how doctors classify this disease of blood forming tissues....
Is leukemia inherited? Read here for more info on what causes leukemia and what environment risk factors or triggers you might avoid....
Leukemia can affect many parts of the body, including the organs of the cardiovascular and digestive systems. But what are the major symptoms of leukemia?...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Leukemia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.