Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Kidney Conditions Forum

fever , nausea and trouble urinating

Must Read
The kidneys filter blood and regulate body flood. What happens during kidney failure? And what types of kidney failure do doctors diagnose?...
There are three main condition which cause renal (kidney) failure. Learn what causes kidney failure and what factors increase your risk of kidney problems....
What are the signs of acute or chronic kidney failure? Which ones are more serious than others? And when should you ask a doctor or go to the ER for help?...
I've had a fever on and off for 5 days, major hot flashes (face turns beet red and burns), nausea is accompanied with this. I've also had trouble urinating for over 2 weeks. It's hard to get started, to keep going, and I can't always finish and have to go back in a few minutes. This isn't too severe, and doesn't always happen.. if I wait a long time to go I can go alright sometimes. I also have lower right back pain, but I've had a back injury there so I don't know if this is related. It is worst when I am sitting down, it is a burning pain. It also hurts a lot to bend over.

Please help Sad Is any of this related?
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 30th, 2017

Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to make a diagnosis without a complete medical history and physical examination.

Lower back or flank pain is a physical illness related to nerves, muscle, bone and abdominal-pelvic organ. The common causes (considering your age) include:

- Nerve root syndromes - these produce symptoms of nerve impingement (a nerve is directly irritated): Herniated discs, Spondylosis and Spinal disc degeneration

- Musculoskeletal pain syndromes like myofascial pain syndromes and fibromyalgia.

- Infections of the bones: Bacterial and spinal Tuberculosis

- Noninfectious inflammation of the spine (spondylitis) can cause stiffness and pain in the spine that is particularly worse in the morning

- Renal stone, stress, anxiety, depression and somatoform disorders.

The exact cause can be determined only with proper medical evaluation and hence it would be recommended to consult your doctor for proper help.

Did you find this post helpful?
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Kidney Conditions , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.