User Profile
scared scared scared hello my name is Liz im 43 have being on the fentanyl patch for 2yrs now due to a car accident and 2 spinal fusions i tryed getting off it and even told my doc i need off this its not doing anything anymore so he told me hah to instead of changing it 3x a week do 2 times a week so i just tryed to take it off and not put it back on i have taken many meds and got off no problem wellllll this is bad i cant do it and my familey are suffering all so im not me i cant stand this i have never in my life bean addicted to anything not even cigarette so please please i need to know what to do do i go into the hospital or sweat it out im so desperate can you help Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad i wont my life back
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 31st, 2010
Community Volunteer
Hi hotmama415 and welcome to ehealth: Sometimes we have to learn to live with pain...I have a bad back and terrible knees...Being born without knee caps added to my problem...Yet, I will not go the route of a mind altering pain medication...Coming off of drugs is not easy....Don't go cold turkey...If you need help, then ask for it...Go slow...Honey, you can do it, but it takes time...More than anything your last words hit me in the face...."I want my life back"...Years ago the pains of life really tore me apart...It was at that time that I found that even deep medication cannot change the hurt inside...During that time when I got off of them, I learned to crawl before I stood tall...But it can be done...Now I have found the real pain of life with a body that has aged with time...But, I have a mind...and just like you, I wanted my life back...I send you all my love and prayers for a quick recovery....Take care...

Caroline
|

replied June 4th, 2010
I was on fentanyl 225mcg every two days a few years ago. I weaned down to 150mcg slowly and then decided I wanted off. I don't know your dose. Mine was higher than anyone had ever heard of. I went into the hospital for detox and I wouldn't have been able to do it any other way. Good luck to you!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What's the difference between substance abuse and addiction? Learn the basics and the science of addiction here....
Are some people more at risk than other of becoming drug addicts? Learn which factors influence addiction and how you can avoid developing the disease....
There are a wide range of signs and symptoms of drug addiction. Here we review the common physical, emotional and behavioral signs of addiction....