User Profile
ive been diagnoised with femoral hernia from a scan was in hospital for 4 days then sent home dont go back for 2 weeks why havent they operated and why send me to see the surgeon for an appointment for 1x1 management

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied May 22nd, 2009
Hernia Answer A6641
I'm not sure that I completely understand your question, or exactly why you were in the hospital. If you were hospitalized because a loop of intestine was stuck inside of your hernia (incarcerated hernia), then you should, indeed, have your hernia repaired as soon as possible. On the other hand, if you were hospitalized for an unrelated problem, and this hernia was discovered incidentally, then there is not quite as much urgency involved in having it surgically repaired, although it still must be repaired without excessive delay.

Sincerely/ RObert A. Wascher, MD, FACS

http://doctorwascher.com

A landmark, evidence-based guide to a healthy cancer-prevention lifestyle, based on cutting-edge cancer research.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.