Medical Questions > Debate Forums > General Debate Forum

Feminism (woman betray woman)

User Profile
An interesting thought eh?

I am a feminist, although, alot of feminists would like to consider me anti-feminist.

I feel some woman want all these rights but dont want to live up to them why?

for example
A grocery stores requirements for their shipping department, requires you to lift up to 75 lbs on a daily basis. So you say you can do it, you get hired and then run to human resources, crying that you can't.

I would like to know how some people still have their jobs?

In the Canadian Military, the people who have been deployed to Afghanistan are truly not lucky, especially the men. Woman can stay inside the protected building, while the men must go outside because some of the woman refused to go out(I am a mother) so then I ask myself what about fathers?

When a marriage or a common-law relationship breaks down(when kids are involved) a mother is usually granted full custody, the father has to pay big bucks.....

I believe in joint-custody 100%

It takes two people to have sex, two people to parent, so why is one parent put over another, what happened to caring for the children or the childs best interest?

Now unless one parent is abusive, hard drug user or maybe even a alcoholic, why can't we/you have joint?

I could ramble on and on but what is your views?

No side is better than another but when we want an equal standard of living, why do so many just slack off?

Cymked brought up my interest in feminism, when he mentioned his dad was a feminist as well as himself I believe, kind of sparked my curiosity.

So yes guys can be feminists!!!

Ill give a short definition of feminism(feel free to add)
Feminism has altered predominant perspectives in a wide range of areas within Western society, ranging from culture to law. Feminist activists have campaigned for women's legal rights (rights of contract, property rights, voting rights); for women's right to bodily integrity and autonomy, for abortion rights, and for reproductive rights (including access to contraception and quality prenatal care); for protection from domestic violence, sexual harassment and rape;[10][1] for workplace rights, including maternity leave and equal pay; and against other forms of discrimination

I think those sound pretty decent...

Nowhere did I see feminist mean.... Men hating woman lol..
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2008
Supporter
shimmy *cough* Cmyked was a girl! curtsey And she is no longer with us. Such a pity. I really like her.
|

User Profile
replied October 4th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Oops my bad, I thought she was a he
|

User Profile
replied October 5th, 2008
Supporter
Okay, back to the topic at hand. My opinion: if you can’t do a job – don’t apply for it. It doesn’t take a genius to figure that one out. I won’t apply for a job as an accountant or construction worker because I won’t be able to do it.
Just be honest with yourself and don’t try to make a statement. I am as far as my physical abilities are concerned. I won’t be able to lift 50lb, let alone 75, so guess who’s not going to apply for the job?

I want the right to vote, own property etc because I don’t consider myself a lesser mortal because I’m a woman. But that does not mean that I’m in denial about my abilities. There are certain things that I can’t do because I’m not strong enough. Hell, I can’t even open a bloody jar without risking popping a vein in my head.

Nonetheless, although I am not particularly feminine I still like to be treated like a lady. I love the fact that my fiancé opens the car door for me and yadi yadi.
|

User Profile
replied October 16th, 2008
Experienced User
The things like custody and combat...I feel as though these things are stemmed in the sexism in society. It's becuase people think a mother is the most important in a child's life so they award her most of the custody. The poeple in charge don't want to put women in harms way because...as you said...she is somebody's mother.

I echo your sentiments: are the men not someone's father? Are father's not as important as mothers?

The only thing we need to consider...feminism is different for many people. I consider myself a feminist, but not a radical feminist. I do not believe MEN are the source of oppression; instead, I feel it is the socialization of society. As I mentioned before: why do people think the mother of a child is more important than a father??

Equity and equality are not the same thing. WHERE IT APPLIES, I think society should strive to be equal. This does not mean, however, that men and women will always get the exact same thing.

SIDENOTE: if a woman does the same job as a man, she should get paid the same...gosh darn it!

Does this even apply to your post?!
|
Users who thank Sydney123456 for this post: diamondsz 

User Profile
replied October 17th, 2008
Extremely eHealthy
Sydney123456 wrote:
The things like custody and combat...I feel as though these things are stemmed in the sexism in society. It's becuase people think a mother is the most important in a child's life so they award her most of the custody. The poeple in charge don't want to put women in harms way because...as you said...she is somebody's mother.

I echo your sentiments: are the men not someone's father? Are father's not as important as mothers?

The only thing we need to consider...feminism is different for many people. I consider myself a feminist, but not a radical feminist. I do not believe MEN are the source of oppression; instead, I feel it is the socialization of society.
?!

I agree with you and yes your post did pertain to mine.

I get so frustrated with comments like " well you a mother" I look at it from a stance of parenting and regardless of how I feel towards the father, those kids are just as much as his.

Like you maybe I have a different view but I don't think men caused the opression, I see it more as society and religion, I was reading on the old pagan days in rome and their orgies lol, well before christianity invaded.
|