Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > TMJ Forum

Feldenkrais Intelligent Body TMJ, any experiences?

I am considering of getting Feldenkrais Intelligent Body TMJ program. I was wondering if anyone here has tried it and what did you think of it? Did it help? Did it make things worse? Would you recommend it or was it a waste of $17? Smile

Thanks,

Miara
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper Miara
|

replied September 17th, 2010
Feldenkrais Lessons do help TMJ!
The TMJ series was one of the first Feldenkrais lessons I ever tried and it worked. In fact, I was so impressed, I started studying the program. That was 20 years ago. It's important when doing the lessons, to do only what's easy and feels good. You don't have to do every movement. Keep the movements very slow and small, you want to focus on the quality of movement, not the size of the movement. The object of these lessons is to develop awareness of what and where you are holding, not only your jaw, but you'll discover other parts of yourself that hold also. These lessons are effective and lasting because you are making neurologic changes, that means, the signals the brain sends to your muscles changes, so you won't feel the need to clench your teeth. And the best part is you can review and repeat the lessons when you're under stress. There is a secondary effect of these lessons. They are very relaxing and stress relieving. So I would get them. If you have difficulty, find a Feldenkrais practitioner close to where you live and have them help you. Or you could go to youtube and watch some lessons. The only trouble people have is learning to move slow enough to be able to sense and feel while they are moving. It's easy, once you get it! Enjoy,
Judy Killeen
|

replied September 17th, 2010
Thanks for your reply and tips. They are very helpful. Actually I decided to just go ahead and order it today, as the CD was only $17, so I figured I'll take the chance. Smile I am looking forward to getting it and trying out the exercises. I think my muscles can really do with some exercises, too, as they are pretty weak and maybe not very well... coordinated. I will write an update after I've been using for a while so others can see if it's something they might want to try. Smile
|

replied November 10th, 2011
Hi Miara,
How did this go for you? I'm interested in trying it out.
|
Tags: TMJ
Quick Reply