Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

feels like there is something stuck?

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
I have been feeling really uncomfortable recently.

It feels like there is something stuck in my vagina, I cannor feel it with my fingers but it feels like something is in there without touching it. I don't use tampons and I haven't had sex (approx a week) imediatly before it started happening.
What could this be?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied November 6th, 2011
Sexual Health - Women Answer A28265
Welcome to the ehealthforum and I am glad to help you out. From your symptoms, it looks like a Bartholin's abscess or cyst. There are glands in the vaginal lips called Bartholin’s glands.

These can become painful and swollen, and an abscess can form. This often causes blockage in the main duct from the gland, and a cyst develops. This is felt as a painless, hard swelling. Other possibilities are sebaceous cyst, lipoma ,fibroma or viral warts. You should get a gynecologist’s examination and a per speculum done.

It is very difficult to precisely confirm a diagnosis without examination and investigations and the answer is based on the medical information provided. For exact diagnosis, you are requested to consult your doctor. I sincerely hope that helps. Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.