Medical Questions > Womens Health > Vaginal and Uterus Health Forum

Feels like something large was coming out of my vagina.

Must Read
To better understand abnormal vaginal bleeding, we first review normal vaginal bleeding. Do you know when uterine blood is normal, or not?...
What are the signs and symptoms of abnormal vaginal bleeding? When should you seek help?...
Prepare yourself and know what to expect when you visit your doctor for vaginal bleeding. We review the medical tests and diagnostic procedures frequently used....
User Profile
me and my boyfriend have very rough sex. i noticed this morning afterwards that it felt like something large was coming out of my vagina. i actually considered it being an old tampon before i realized it was part of my body. i have been swollen before but not like this. i tried as best i could to look in the mirror and it looks like the insides are moved down. its very swollen and i can push it back up inside but i can also push it out a little. its what looks like the a muscle or something but im not sure. will it go away? what is it? how long do i have to wait to have sex again (obviously anything before the pain goes away wouldnt make sense). Please help i feel like i have something in me that is coming out!

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied February 1st, 2011
Vaginal and Uterus Health Answer A19208
Welcome to ehealthforum.
It is difficult to comment without examining you. Do not delay your visit to your gynecologist for a thorough check to see what could be the swelling and from where it is arising. The possibilities include vaginal injury, prolapsed uterus or cervix, injury to cervix or fornices, labial injury etc.
Take care.

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Vaginal and Uterus Health , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.