Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

feels like ia sunburn but with no visible marks or problems

Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
User Profile
Hello, for the past 4 months my chest area has had heightened sensitivity and back aches. My skin feels like it has a sunburn but with no visible marks or problems. When I wear a shirt the tingling and slight burning sensation is activated and is extremely distracting. My upper back and abdominen aches most of the time. Painkillers and muscle relaxers do not work and my doctor believe it is anxiety related, even though it is 24/7 and Im not that anxious. All my medical test including neurological check out. Any help would be appreciated.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 11th, 2011
Neurological Disorders Answer A24927

Welcome to ehealthforum

The symptoms reported by you are suggestive of increased anxiety because most of the pain killers are not helping and other tests are also normal.There are times when you would be anxious but would not be feeling it and that is causing these symptoms.
Continue taking the prescribed medication for few months.It will help you.Other than that do some form of Yoga/Meditation for relaxation.
Avoid stress,being alone.
Avoid smoking and alcohol.

Take Care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.