Medical Questions > Womens Health > Ovulation and Ovaries Forum

feels like he hits something up in me on my side.

User Profile
I have pain on both sides and in my lower and upper stomach and sometimes when I have sex with husband it feels like he hits something up in me on my side. I hurt all the time its not where I can't stand it but it is annoying please can you give me an answer. thank you sincerely SNL I am 45.

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 24th, 2014
Ovulation and Ovaries Answer A48477
Hi,
Welcome to ehealthforum,
It is difficult to comment on the exact cause for the abdominal pain that you describe without examining you and going ahead with further evaluation. Pain during or after intercourse is not normal and could suggest possibility of vaginal infection (if associated with altered discharge, foul smell of discharge, itching, presence of rashes, etc), endometriosis, ovarian cysts, PID, vaginal dryness, injury or irritation, retroverted uterus, uterine fibroids, IBS, stress, STD etc. Do not ignore your symptoms if pain is persistent for more than few hours after intercourse. Visit your doctor/gynecologist for further evaluation to look for the exact underlying cause and get started on treatment as appropriate (based on examination findings and evaluation results) to help you control the pain and the altered discharge. Be in regular monitoring and follow-up with your treating doctor/gynecologist and report any new/abnormal symptoms immediately. Drink plenty of water. Take adequate rest. Maintain healthy diet and lifestyle. Avoid vaginal douching, use of harsh soap or perfumes in the area. Use loose cotton undergarments and avoid use of tight fitting clothes. Avoid sweat accumulation in the area and keep the area clean and dry. Rinse undergarments well and use antiseptic solution for the last rinse. If infective cause is detected, and if you are sexually active, get your partner also treated simultaneously to prevent chances of re-infection, and avoid having intercourse while being on treatment.
Take care.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is PCOS? And when does polycystic ovary syndrome become a problem for women?...
Not all women with PCOS share the same symptoms but women with PCOS exhibit one of three main symptoms. PCOS signs and symptoms made clear here....
PCOS is often misdiagnosed. Educate yourself with some diagnostic questions that can point you in the right direction for an accurate PCOS diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Ovulation and Ovaries , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.