Medical Questions > Mental Health > Dyslexia Forum

feeling withdrawn by dyslexia

sad2 ever since i startdid skool when i was 3 ive never really felt i had fit in with any type of group . and i became so disstant myself with people around me my skills with working with others or even talkin is almost at an end with people even family members and close Friends the oh and ahhs and there expressions on there face make me feel like they think im from some other world like there talking to a dumb 18 year old ?when they ant and i now what they mean by there expressions and how they say things and it floomin hurts .Ive told my mom this millions of times and shes like its all in your head love ppl dont ackt like this .
what my q is Do people who have dyslexia feel the same way as i do and that people treat me & you diffrent becuse of having this thing we never askt for .?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 6th, 2009
also i never playd bord games or out like that as a kid and would avoid them as much as i could and monney . did anyone eles?
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
im that way also
|

User Profile
replied May 4th, 2012
im that way also
|

replied November 18th, 2009
I am always called crazy. Dyslexia has made think in terms of pictures and feelings. When I hear words, I don't think of other words. I think of how those words make me feel or I picture the word. As a result I view the world very different from most people. I also have a very large imagination. I think outside the box. This confuses many of my friends. They don't make the same connections that I do. They often don't understand me. That makes me feel lonely. When I see them confused I explain what I mean and I laugh it off. If I dwell on all my differences it would hurt too much. Laugh it off. When you see those looks, turn their confusion on them. What's wrong with them that they don't understand you? Poor people. They are missing out.
|

replied November 19th, 2009
see thats how i mean its like people onley care about me when i point out that the onley Resions they nottice me is when i come up with somethink So outragous that they laff it up in my face eg wanting to work with kids and other stuff its just like they think im uncapeable of anythink i wanna do . they said that about animal Care i did it for 2years and got gd grades for it gurgh
|

replied November 19th, 2009
Extremely eHealthy
pandaBo
Dyslexia can affect your communication style and vacabulary by virtue of what you do or don't learn. It can set you asside very slightly but it shouldn't be to the point where people look at you strangely. There's no aspect of dyslexia that would cause you to believe people are staring at you in a funny manner or thinking poorly of you. You could be suffering from other issues that are causing these feelings. Have you ever talked to a school counselor or medical professional about what you're feeling?
|

User Profile
replied April 5th, 2012
Hello.
and yes i feel the same way !
i have a learning disability
and i feel like people treat me really differently all the time because
i never see to know the answer for anything, so no one ever asks me for help ever which just makes me feel even more dumb then ever
and i fail a lot in every subject, which gets me depressed a lot...
i know how hard it is living with a learning disability
(dyslexia)
i'm here if you need to talk and i will not judge you or anyone else i hate people that judge others Smile
xx
|

replied August 1st, 2012
Oh yes, i definitly feel different. Sometimes when im tired my words get all jumbled together and i cant talk right and everyone just looks at me like im stupid haha. But you know what? I have an amazing imagination that i think has a lot to do with my dyslexia and that has made me the photographer today. Do not worry about what others think about you, and some people even think its neat that others have dyslexia. When im explaining to people why my words get jumbled sometimes they are always fascinated by my dyslexia. I used to be made fun of by people throughout my entire school career and it has made me stronger, as well as it will make you stronger as well!! Keep your chin up and keep on walking because you are you and no one can do that better than you!! So be proud!!! Smile
|
Tags: ant, head
Quick Reply