Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Neurological Disorders Forum

Feeling very shaky/jerky like a permanent caffeine high

Hi guys,

A few weeks ago at work one morning I noticed I felt trembily/shakey like I had far to many coffee's. The problem has since stuck around.

I have been avoiding caffeene and processed foods since and also been supplementing on vitamin B and Magnesium.

The only way to describe it is when I walk and move my joints feel like they shake/jitter. During rest they seem fine, But I also feel alot more anxious than normal.

I can hold my hands/fingers in-front of me quite still but as soon as I try to move my fingers/rotate my hands they feel like they "stick" and my slow movement is very jerky. I find it especially hard to scroll smoothly on the iphone/ipad etc as my movement is so jerky.

I also notice when I sit and type on the keyboard my right hand pinky finger seems to uncontrollably cross underneath my ring finger?

Blood test's I had a few months ago came back normal.

The only thing I can think of is Anxiety/ overactive thyroid/essential tremors?
However I have never suffered from Anxiety in my life and I am a very calm/happy person.

I didn't think essential tremor would come on so noticeably quickly in all parts of my body though?

Any help would be great. Going to see a Gp to get a referral this week.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 26th, 2014
Thank you for asking!
Tremors and shakiness with your presentation needs a complete hormonal and neurological assessment before mentioning any management plan. A complete history and physical examination with a detailed clinical correlation is advised to sort out the etiology and connect all the dots. Lets wait for your referral and see what comes up . Could be thyroid imbalance, could be some basal ganglia , could be simple psychological tremors .
Lets hope for the best
|

replied April 26th, 2014
thanks for the reply!! Will let you know how I go
|
Must Read
How can you tell if a headache is serious, or not? What types of headaches are there? Get started learning the facts about headache here....
Do you know when to seek help for headache symptoms? Learn more about symptoms of the four different types of headaches...and when to go to a doctor here....
Headaches can be caused by various medical conditions. Learn which tests doctors use to diagnose problem headaches...and who you should see to start diagnosis....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Neurological Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.