Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

feeling unwell , dizziness , hormone imbalance

Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
User Profile
For over 10 months I have been feeling unwell. Started with dizziness. My doctor put me on the pill thought i had a hormone imbalance. This stopped the dizziness but other symptoms emerged. Constant nausea for days on end, sometimes getting sick like bile. Abdominal pain sometimes severe. Sometimes constipated sometimes diarohea. Had pelvic ultrasound and internal ultrasound all clear. Was told could be threatening appendix or IBS. But bowel movement is normal most of the time when the pain and nausea are present. What can my doctor do for me next. I'm at my wits end as this is severly affecting my daily life my symptoms are so bad some days.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied September 5th, 2010
Abdominal Pain Answer A15926
Hi, and thanks for your medical question on eHealth forum!

The symptoms could be exacerbation of the GERD. Treatment is a combination of drugs to reduce the acid and lifestyle changes. You will need to take a combination of medications (under medical supervision) like a proton pump inhibitor such as omeprazole, lansoprazole or pantoprazole empty stomach in the morning and an antacid gel after meals for complete relief. Possibility of H pylori infection too should be looked into by a carbon urea breath test and a combination antibiotic tried.

Life style changes that will help include: Avoid heavy meals and eat frequent small meals. Avoid too much of caffeine, tea, smoking, fried food and drinks both alcoholic and non alcoholic fuzzy ones. Avoid heavy exercises within 4 hours of a heavy meal. Raise the head end of the bed by pillows to 30 degrees. Avoid lying down for least 2 hours after food. Maybe these tips will help you.

You should consult a gastroenterologist (a specialist who looks after the diseases of our digestive system) or a physician for this if these tips reduce your symptoms. You may need upper GI endoscopy for confirmation and to know the degree of damage. Take care!

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.