Medical Questions > Lifestyle > Fitness Forum

Feeling unhealthy

Im 17 years old and i feel very unhealthy i eat alot of fried foods and junk food, i very rarely eat salads ect. I wouldnt say i am over weight but i have a big belly. I am quite tall about 6'1 and have a quite a slim build. My arms are quite skinny and so is my legs but i have a fat belly. I smoke and i very rarely exercise reason being is because i usually cant be bothered (i am very lazy). I have been to a gym in the past and i used to enjoy jogging when i was at school i am at college full time now and usually when i get in i cant be bothered to go for a run or go to the gym. I have noticed that when i am in the house all i do is eat and watch tv or on my computer. I am usually only out on fridays and saturdays drinking and sometimes sundays. I would just like some advice on how to become healthy and still enjoy my life if you know what i mean.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2009
Experienced User
If you want to be healthy, you have to make the change. Join a gym, or buy a machine that you like. Make small changes in your diet amd use portion control. I do great with weight loss and I still eat some fattening foods. I keep my calorie intake low and I am still able to lose alot of weight. Go food shopping for healthy foods, there are many that are low in calorie and they still taste good.
|

replied July 24th, 2009
Experienced User
I used to drink every night and it took a toll on me big time, I was constantly tired and sick, my nails were brittle and my hair was dry and dull, Not only was i poisoning my body, but i was dangerously dehydrated, some easy ways to gain greater health without having to give up drinking (although it would hugely improve your health) is drinking more water, dehydration leads to weight gain and fatigue and if you drink alcohol you have to get lots of water. You could also try taking a vitamin c supplement to boost your immune system, and Biotin for your hair and nails. Try to cut back on the greasy foods and if you're up for it quit smoking lol.
|

replied May 24th, 2010
Find a group of people who are already healthy or go to a family member or somebody who has had to fight for their weight and health. I am struggling with that now i'm 23 but my body is so full of cigarettes and BS that i feel like i just need a new body. I need help bad, I can just motivate myself. I want to find a weekend place or something where I can eat healthy work out and quit smoking... I'd gladly pay for it.
|

replied August 9th, 2010
You are aware of the wrong habits that you are doing. First step is to let go of your old habits and focus your mind on making a healthy change. Let go of the junk food you are eating and start eating healthy foods. Exercise and move your body like you've never done before. Try to encourage your friends to also take the "healthy change" so that you have companions doing this endeavor.
|

replied August 13th, 2010
I thinks it's time to decide what you choose, healthy life or lazy life. There's not too much to do, a little fresh air, fresh fruits, juices, vitamins... and you will already feel better! Trust me!
|
Quick Reply
Must Read
What is the medical definition of obesity? How is obesity different than being overweight. Basic medical facts on obesity here....
We review the simple cause of obesity here, and help you evaluate whether or not you are at risk of becoming obese. ...
Click here for basic signs of weight gain, and information on when to seek medical help if you think that you are becoming overweight....