Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

feeling surreal and horrible thoughts

hi im 23 yrears old and have suffered with anxiety/ocd for 4 years now. it started off with health anxiety when i was 19, i was contantly worried i have a brain tumour. i got over this when i realised it was symtoms of anxiety. more recently though i have been suffering with the horible thoughts you could imagine about doing horrible things to my daughter, or if in fact i like children. i would never harm anyone and am soo scared about these thoughts incase they are me. i feel so surreal sometimes it feels like i am going mad, i really dont know what to do anymore. i know that i would rather die than harm my own child so why do i feel like this? i contantly feel like im not me/ in a dream and its really freaking me out. i get horrible panic attacks thinking i mite actually go mad and act on my thoughts. i contantly count/look at certain things to stop the thoughts and try and stop them comeing true. even now my mind is telling me im a horrible person and im lying to myself. it feels so realand im so scared. iv had cbt in the oast for the health anxiety but there is a six month waiting list at the moment. does anyone else suffer like this and am i normal? please help
Did you find this post helpful?
First Helper nick1984
|

replied June 15th, 2013
You're not alone. With me it started with anxiety about death 4 years ago and now I just started getting horrible panic attacks worrying that I might hurt my parents it feels worse when I'm about to fall asleep. I've gotten some meds but it seems they don't always help still I have to believe that this is something we can figure out, I'm seeking help with a psychiatrist and I hope we will the reason and right way to treat this. check out this thread it has more post about this kinds of fears http://ehealthforum.com/health/topic18407. html
|

replied June 15th, 2013
hiya nick1984,
thanks so much for your reply, im glad your getting some help soon and hope they can get something sorted for you. yes mine also is worse when im going to sleep. i thought that was weird because most people tell me their anxiety is worse in the morning although thats my best time.
i really hope this will go away for us both Smile
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...