Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

Feeling really lost and emotionally stressed

Hi, I am new to posting on forums and it has come as a final resort.

I am 24 and a mother to 3 year old twin boys. I am a student at University.

In the past (about a year after I had my children) I was perscribed anti-depressants. However I felt under pressure to show to.my partner I no longer needed them. It was never actually said but I got the impression he couldnt cope with me so low. I have since supressed any feelings I have -I dont think I can do this any more.

I live in a new city away from my family and friends but near his. I do not work. Everyday is the same cleaning, looking after the children and staring at the walls. I cant cope anymore.

I am constantly stressed, angry and feeling guilty for not being the best mum I can be for my children.

I feel like I have nothing going for me and I am just existing. I want to just run but I love my children too much to do that.

I dont know where to turn because if i talk to my partner he gets angry and im scared if i seek medical help again he will loose.it.with me.

WhAt do I do. i feel utterly lost, lonely and empty
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied August 1st, 2012
Experienced User
So sorry to hear of your troubles . Is there any mother and toddlers groups you could join? Soft plays where you would meet other mothers . If you think you need help I would recommend it you have to do what's best for you and your kids.

Message bk

Sponge
|

replied August 8th, 2012
I completely understand how you feel. I am a stay at home mom of two. Mine are in school now, but it's still hard.

We live far away from my family and it's very difficult. My husband is an engineer and doesn't understand depression. I have always been an emotional person, but it's getting worse as I get older.

You should never feel ashamed for taking medicine. If you had anything else like diabetes, or any other disease you would take medicine. Depression is no different.

I actually have a degree in Psychology, so it is really hard for me to admit that I need help, but I have. It's a day by day process- but it will get better.

Take care!
|

replied August 8th, 2012
I know exactly how you feel. I have an 8 month old, stuck in a tiny apartment, cooking cleaning trying to to be the perfect partner. I can't be myself anymore around him. I have no family either. Im on medication but it doesn't help when your constantly alone. I wish I could give you advice but the truth is I'm in the same boat and don't know what to do. I know it's hard though. Know your not alone.
|

User Profile
replied August 13th, 2012
depression
Miss L.
I understand as well, I have suffered from depression all my life and I have one son. I feel like a failure as a mom too at times when I feel low, but take the medication! it does help and it does work. Don't tell your partner if he gets angry...he doesn't have to know and you shouldn't be dealing with this by yourself. Seek other mom and toddler groups that is good advice. Best of luck
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....