Medical Questions > Mental Health > Depression Forum

feeling like a complete loser thinking of death please help

I am a 37 year old male with a wife and a 2yr old child. I have been a music teacher for over 13 years. I have a Masters degree which absolutely seems useless, . The only jobs I can find are part time jobs that pay nothing for adjunct. We just moved back from another country to the US, I can not even find anything let alone a full time job. I have or at least it seems to me so much experience and knowledge yet its useless. Im completely miserable and wanting to kill myself. Ive never ever have felt this angry , resentful and depressed. Please I need help. I am so lost right now, I cry daily for np reason, and want to scream. Im very easily agitated and so stressed about trying to find a job so I can support my family, For God sakes Im even looking for $10 hr full time jobs!!! Anything to just be useful for my family, my wife has taken up a part time $7 hr job to do something. I feel just worthless, and helpless. I look everyday for over 2 months and apply for anything that I can. Im ready to just say bye but I have my son. I never thought I could be so incredibly useless. I hate my career choice because theres nothing so I try other things and still no LUCK!! what??? This anger is killing me and Im just ready to let it go. I need help
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 31st, 2015
I too feel like a complete loser. I feel like disappearing and saying forget it. I don't know what to do. I have been on anti depression meds and did some therapy but to no avail. I just started a new job and I am freaking out. I can't handle it. I just want to die. My life is hopeless.
|

replied February 20th, 2015
Experienced User
If you are still having this problem then calm down your mind and stop thinking too much. More you think more you'll have to suffer. Try to control your anger. Play with your child that is the best way to red of your worry. Do Yoga and meditation for peace of mind. Show your knowledge to people. Moreover you can visit rehab centers providing low cost treatments. Hope well, good time will definitely come.
|

replied March 2nd, 2015
Active User, very eHealthy
There was a question i wanted to ask on YA, but somehow came across an answer to someone i cant help posting here. For what it's worth, may it speak to you or someone here:

Heard a true story I'd like to share with you. I once watched a documentary about a man whose daughter hired her boyfriend and his friend to brutally murder their entire family. The father witnessed the horrific murders, and miraculously survived being shot 11 times and managed to crawl out of the house before the fire the murderers set overtook him. He crawled for 2 hours to help. Afterward, with all his family dead and his daughter in prison, he returned to the scene of the crime to commit suicide, unable to take the anguish. He shook his fist toward God with a gun in his hand and said "Why would you take my family?" Then out of the corner of his eye he saw a piece of paper flapping in the wind. It was a torn and burnt page of one of his wife's novels, and the text read:

"I couldn't understand why You would take my family and leave me behind to struggle along without them. And I guess I still don't totally understand that part of it. But I do believe that You're sovereign; You're in control."

The man did not kill himself.

People base their faith on these kinds of miracles. It's up to you to decide for yourself what you make of it. There will never be "irrefutable evidence" of God - then there would be no such thing as faith. Whether or not you can accept that is your own personal journey.

The murder I've described was committed by Erin Caffey, if u check.
|

replied March 10th, 2015
Getting a full time job in the US for a migrant is somewhat difficult. You have to acknowlege the fact that you have a family to support hence fighting back is the only viable option left. Don't cry over circumstances, it can change in a spur of a moment. Since you're running out of money hence depressed, advising medication for depression will be not appropriate but in the end, it'll help. Just to be on the safe side and not causing further damage to yourself, take a conscious decision to overcome from depression, and take medical help, if possible.
|
Must Read
Do you know how doctors define clinical depression? Learn more about this brain disorder and types of depression that doctors diagnose here....
Can depression run in families? Can hormones really make you depressed? Yes! Learn more about causes and conditions of clinical depression here....
People with depressive illnesses do not all experience the same symptoms. Do you know the signs and symptoms of depression? Read on to learn more....