Medical Questions > Relationships > Broken Hearted Forum

Feeling extremely down, how to cope?

So it has been about 3 weeks since my fiance left me and I am feeling so sad and down. It is really hard when I have to stay late at work and I have nobody to call to tell I am going to be late and nobody to go home to... I feel like nobody is there to miss me and I have nobody to share the ups and downs with.

How has anyone else coped with these types of feelings because it is really really tough right now and I just want to see if anyone has tips or words of wisdom.

Thanks
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied March 31st, 2011
Experienced User
Im going through the same, my bf of one year and a half left me (again) out of the blue and this time is saying he has no feelings for me, he has never had feelings for me, this after telling me specifically that he HAD feelings for me not long ago and that he missed me terribly when Im not with him.
Im also as devstated as you are, as Im living on my own and he was always with me, going out, phoning me, texting me,and I used to share my life with him, we were also planning to move together soon and had even bought stuff that we both liked for our new home.
This is the second time he breaks with me, he is really scared of commitment and cannot take things through, I kind of knew that but I still got him back only to suffer again the same fate.
Im relly really sad, all I can say to you is that you are not alone and some guys are jerks, they take your hert and mind and body and just go.
|

replied December 15th, 2013
I''m in the same situation at the moment. Dated a guy for a year all was ok with clear indication the guy had issues.

Las week he took me out fir dinner all paid gave me his PIN number to pay thought ok maybe trust is building. Got home had a chat and I asked him if this was something he wanted to take into the new year and the bomb exploded and he told me he probably might not be able to offer me what I was looking for which is commitment.

Had a lengthy discussion and it turns out he is a commitment phoebe. Been hurt in past and petrified to commit. It was quite evident though as we saw each other once in 2 weeks hardly spoke on phone a few txts a day.

I''m lonely 42 years old never been fortunate to be loved just meet messed up dates and I thought with time this guy would warm up but no I so feel grieved just don''t want to date anymore.

You are not alone its so sad one wonders what has come of the world today.

Lets keep strong and hope we meet sound minded people.
|

replied January 17th, 2014
Experienced User
After the breakdown of a relationship we may feel abandoned, rejected, unworthy and insecure and this can lead to a feeling of loneliness. A period of recovery from this sort of grief is necessary and eventually it is important for our mental health to move on and resume a useful and enjoyable life where we once again feel lovable, accepted and valued.

Pursue your interests and hobbies and join a social club or sports group, or other interest group such as bush-walking, bush-care, music, art, theatre, etc...

Involve yourself in some voluntary work - thinking about helping others can take the focus off self introversion and self obsessiveness and can help with self esteem. When you learn to respect and value yourself you can come to enjoy your own company and eventually others will too...
|
Quick Reply