Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Gland Disorders Forum

feeling a knot in the left side of my neck

User Profile
I feel like I have a knot in the left side of my neck. I just started feeling it on the 23rd. I feel it now. Is there anything I can do to make it go away?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 23rd, 2016
Gland Disorders Answer A56028
Welcome to e health forum.

Most likely you may have a enlarged lymph node under your jawbone.

It is most likely due to infection or inflammation within your oral cavity or a dental infection.

Consult your doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

In the mean time, use of anti-inflammatory agents can help in improving your symptoms.

I hope this helps.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
What does it mean to have low levels of thyroid hormone in the body? We outline how doctors define hypothyroidism here....
What medical conditions cause hypothyroidism? And what puts you at risk of developing these conditions? More hypothyroid basics here....
When are symptoms of hypothyroidism serious? When should you seek medical help. Click here to learn when doctors recommend you come in for a visit....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Gland Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.