Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Abdominal Pain Forum

feel liquids going down, I can not find any information

User Profile
I am not in pain but I didn't know where to put this. Recently(at least 3 months) when drinking anything most notably cold drinks. It feels like it is running down my right abdominal wall. Lower then my stomach on the right side down near my belly button. I can not find any information about symptoms like this. It concerns me because it is on the opposite side from my stomach and it goes much lower. I already know if it was a ruptured stomach or esophagus. I would would not be typing this right now but what could it be? Any suggestions would be helpful.

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2014
Abdominal Pain Answer A48259
hank you for asking
Feeling of water running down abdomen is normal and is called peristalsis effect.when the pain is associated with such sounds then we call that borborygmi. Right now there is no pain .just keep the fluids intake judicious and avoid drinks and beverages of any kind.increase fiber intake. If you get any gastrointestinal discomfort line pain or loose motions etc then seek a doctor for fur there management.right now it is nothing to worry about.
Visit our gastrointestinal health centre for further guidance.
Take care

Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Abdominal Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.