Medical Questions > Mental Health > Panic Attacks Forum

feel like im being watched

i am 16, i have depression and associated socail anxiety, however recently i feel like i am being watched all the time and if i have a panic attack all i can think is that the person watching me, wants to hurt me. i have started hiding were there are no windows but even then i still feel like im being watched. is there any way of dealing with this and the anxiety attacks because im getting them 3-4 times a day.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied February 18th, 2012
You're not alone
Hi. I'm 18 years old and I've recently been diagnosed with general anxiety disorder. I feel like I'm being watched all of the time and constantly search for signs that someone is following me when I walk in public. I whirl around for no reason when I'm alone, expecting someone to be standing there. Until I read your post, I thought that I was alone in feeling this sensation. I've done some research and I think this effect is directly connected to anxiety. I'm on Cipralex, an anti-depressant used to treat anxiety disorders, like social anxiety, GAD and OCD. (All of these disorders stem from a lack of a brain chemical called serotonin, so their treated very simiarly.) Since I've started using this medication, the feeling like I'm being watched has dissipated. I don't know a lot about panic attacks, but I'd suggest trying some breathing exercises whenever you experience an attack. I try these before tests and have noticed that they help to quickly reduce some stress. I know that it's hard, trust me. Hang in there and know that you're not alone. If you haven't yet, I suggest seeing a doctor. Cipralex is a really mild and extremely common medication that helps to treat anxiety disorders. The only side-effects I've experienced is nightmares, which usually get worse when I have an exam coming up (I'm in first year Biomed in university). Keep strong. I'm rooting for you. <3
|

User Profile
replied March 2nd, 2012
I think you should concentrate of something of your interest which will keep you busy and you will stop concentrating on that you are being watched.
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
I am 13 and i have the same thing exept that its through mirrors. And when im alone in my living room i feel like some one is watching me through boboculars through the big window near my tv and the bad thing is is that i dont know what it is and im searching the internet franticly too find out and its making me more paranoid
|

User Profile
replied June 17th, 2012
I am 13 and i have the same thing exept that its through mirrors. And when im alone in my living room i feel like some one is watching me through boboculars through the big window near my tv and the bad thing is is that i dont know what it is and im searching the internet franticly too find out and its making me more paranoid
|

replied January 2nd, 2013
Thinking I may be Paranoid...
I dont feel like a person is following me but.. I do get the feeling I have eyes on me whenever im at home and its nighttime, I know in reality no ones there. I think It may be anxiety that im dealing with and I have really bad self esteme issues too which I think has led me too think everyone is judgeing me and thinks negitive thoughts about me.. It sounds like Paranoia but I dont feel like im in danger or anyone wants too kill me like ive heard others say..
|

replied January 14th, 2013
Your mind tells you that someone is watching, and you believe in it. Separate yourself from the mind listen what and tells you but do not believe him!
|
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...