User Profile
I am experiencing a lot of fatigue and have been for a long time. It appears it is the worst in the afternoons and is probably the best in the late afternoon. In the morning, it is only somewhat better. I am always tired but oftentimes not enough to sleep. I also highly prefer going to bed late and getting up late. I am sleeping around 10-11 hours some nights but seem to be more energetic around 8-9 hours or so. I am made even more tired by any kind of stimulants. The more coffee I drink or energy drinks/soda, the more tired I become. I feel like I'm always dragging and paying attention to people talking even feels difficult at times as I feel like I'm in a constant state of drowsy/low arousal of my surroundings. I am also easily startled and even when the doorbell rings or the phone rings, I jump really easily like I am getting jumped or something. I don't understand why this is happening and I want to know if anyone knows what could be going on here?

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied July 13th, 2017
Chronic Fatigue Syndrome Answer A61670
Welcome to e health forum.

It is difficult to assess the cause of your symptoms just based on your history provided.

Your nonspecific symptoms being on and off or having nonspecific associations, does not help to make a specific diagnosis

Your history could be indicative of normal reaction to physiological stress or due to conditions like thyroid disorders, anemia, other endocrine disorders,etc.

Psychiatric conditions like chronic fatigue syndrome, autoimmune disorders, etc can also be possible causes.

It would be best that you consult a doctor and seek a proper medical opinion.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
What is chronic fatigue syndrome? We outline the medical definition and different types of CFS in this intro section....
What causes chronic fatigue? And who does it affect? We outline the main factors doctors think contribute to CFS in this section....
Symptoms of chronic fatigue are also common to other disorders. Learn to identify CFS symptoms and when to seek medical help here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Chronic Fatigue Syndrome , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.