Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Back Pain Forum

feel bruised if I touch it or rub middle of spine

User Profile
Hi I'm a teen, and my back hurts really bad. I've notice lately that the middle of my spine hurts, like it feel bruised if I touch it or rub it against something or if I bend over. I've also notice by everyday, I realize it gets a little bit bigger every day. Like when I first noticed pain there it started out small and I though it was just maybe a bruise but there's no bruise there. And every day its got worse now it stretches maybe about 6 inches from the middle of my spine going up towards the back of my neck, and then to the coward toward my lower back. And my lower back feels the same way. Also my two shoulder the shoulder bone I think that's what its called feels the same pain both shoulders do.
Can anyone tell me what's wrong with me? Or if they ever had it? I really need to know I'm kinda scared?

Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied June 14th, 2017
Back Pain Answer A61386
Hello and Welcome

I appreciate your concern

The spine and lower limbs need to be examined. If there is any evidence of compression or marked symptoms related to lower back pain and radiculopathy then MRI lumbosacral spine can be advised. If no such signs and symptoms are present then NSAIDs, muscle relaxants and physiotherapy can be advised for a couple of weeks to see for improvement before going for invasive testing.

Wishing you best of health


Did you find this post helpful?
Tags: Teen Health
Quick Reply
Must Read
What structures make up the spine? We review basic spine anatomy here...before identifying potential causes of back pain....
Click here to learn about the most common causes of back pain, and things that increase your risk of backache. We cover lower back pain and upper back pain....
Back pain symptoms may seem obvious. But do you know when symptoms of back pain are more serious or when to see a doctor? Learn what action to take & when...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Back Pain , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.