Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Hernia Forum

feel a small bulge coming out after iguial hernia surgery

User Profile
Hello my name is gus and I live in Los Angeles,
I had a igunial hernia surgery done to me about 3 yrs ago. It was the worst pain ever. Right where my scar is at I feel a small bulge to the left coming out. I just noticed this about 3 days ago. What are my best options to repair this. I have no insurance and I'm asking about how much does this come out to be? The first time it was all paid for but now I'm on my own. The bulge doesn't dramatically show but I could press down with ease and it seems to go back in and out. I really don't want this pain in my life. I had to suffer with this for about 8 yrs + and now it's back. Your answers are truly appreciated

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 11th, 2014
Mens Conditions Answer A46656
Dear!

Thanks for writing to EHF!

This seems like a Hernia Recurrence. Apart from surgery there are other options which can give you a conservative treatment. If hernia is small and no teasing you much. Surgery can wait till it start teasing you. Even then some belts available which can press this hernia so it does not come out and buy you some time for surgery. But surgery is ultimate way to repair it.

Hope it helped

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
We review the definition of a hiatal hernia, what causes it, and types of hernias in this Introduction to Hiatal Hernia....
Do you know the difference between a small and large hiatal hernia? Know when to seek medical help? Hiatal hernia symptoms and more here....
Hiatal hernias are diagnosed clinically. But what lab tests and procedures can help confirm hiatal hernia? We review the medical exams here....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Hernia , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.