Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Fed up with living situation, can’t take it.

Hi, know it’s late but have to vent a little. As mentioned in previous posts, 29-year old son still lives at home and it’s taking it’s toll. Finally decided to talk to him about moving out because of walking in on him having wet dreams while sleeping on the sofa, every time him moving out has been brought up, he becomes very mad and storms off to the bathroom for five minutes and then he returns, shrugs his shoulders and watches tv. Well, earlier today, family dog almost choked on one of his sticky tissues he leaves lying on the floor next to the sofa and near refrigerator. Talked to him about it and he was just flippant about it. Does anybody else have problems with living with grown adult children, other adult son is also a pain to live with.
Did you find this post helpful?

User Profile
replied July 31st, 2019
Hello and welcome to EHF !

I went through your query and i understand your concern.I am sorry for your troubles. Children from age of 18 should be encouraged for personal management. They should be helped in pursuing their carrier and meanwhile supported to help them be on their feet. Age of 29 and this irresponsible behavior needs help. He should be signed up for different vocational rehabs and he should look for a proper job.

Take care
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Anxiety and Stress , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.