Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Digestive and Bowel Disorders Forum

Fecal body odor not taken seriously by doctor

User Profile
I have a fecal body odor... its essentially ruining my life.. i have an appt with a gastroenterologist in a week and i just want to see if i can get some insight before i pay my visit. This body odor seems to have started after my camping trip.. i was constipated and was not looking forward to using the stall.. so on the 3rd day as you could imagine i had no choice... and i ended up forcing too hard an the largest stool i have ever had ended up causing a stinging pain followed with blood. Since then i have lost the urge to defecate,ive been losing weight,fatigued,I have a repulsive and de-socializing fecal body odor that smells both like feces and a rotting corpse, i have a burning sensation when i poop,I have a non-stop wetness in the rectal area ad when i wipe it seems to just be sweat,i have incomplete evacuations... so my question is what could it be? I went to see 6 GP\'s before they finally took me seriously and i had to bring my mom in as back up incase they tried to blow me off

Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied February 20th, 2013
Digestive and Bowel Disorders Answer A42253
Welcome to e health forum.

It seems that you may have developed a anal fisssure or anal gland infection which may be the cause of your symptoms.

You would benefit by consulting with a gastroenterologist or a general surgeon, who can perform a anorectal examination. This would help to diagnose and treat the underlying condition.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Feeling constipated? Do you know how constipation is medically defined? Get the basics on this common gastrointestinal complaint here....
Are you experiencing severe or chronic constipation? Learn about causes of constipation here....
Constipation is defined differently by different people. Learn to identify signs and symptoms of constipation and know when to ask for medical help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Digestive and Bowel Disorders , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.