User Profile
The fears are crawling. From the inside to the outside and back and forth every day, all day. I claw at them but to no avail. They just keep digging in as I fight to rid myself of their horrible presence in my life. The fears have hatched their young in my stomach and my brain causing me constant torment and pain. I can't stop them. They are relentless, and I am helpless. I try everything in my power to stop them like prayer, alcohol, drugs, and doctors but nothing makes any difference. Even the sweet release of sleep gives me only a small modicum of relief from their constant stabbing and tearing at my mind and gut, but even in sleep they invade my dreams and make them nightmares most nights. I have no peace, no joy. I am crying and begging for help as they completely overtake me now........ Any Help?
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied November 22nd, 2009
Supporter
It sure does sound like you need help with your fears. It sounds like a lot of anxiety and paranoia. I don't know how many doctors you've been to or how many different meds have you tried. My advice to you would be to seek a second opinion from a psychiatrist. Sometimes it takes some time before you find the right meds for anxiety. What meds have you tried?
|

User Profile
Experienced User
I agree. You are being morbid. What kind of fear are you having? Fear of everything?
|

User Profile
I've not been on medications very much as I've tried to change my behavior instead of drugs. However, I have started a regime of Prozac that isn't helping yet. I resent the post that says I am being morbid because it sounds like I am causing the fear or have a choice about how I feel. I have had anxiety my whole life. There is not one memory, not one of a time when I didn't have the sick dreadful fear in the pit of my stomach. Never. I also suffer from Trichotillomania (hair twisting), and I have no memory of a time in my life when I haven't twisted and pulled my hair. All my early memories are of anxiety, fear, and depression. All of them. Doctors don't get it, and there is a deep stigma about mental issues that make it hard to talk about and ask for help. So I have suffered in silence most of my life.
|

User Profile
Experienced User
Sorry about that. I suggest see a psychiatrist immediately.
|

I feel I have anxiety, i always feel like i'm ill when its in my mind, i dont know what to do ither.
NootsZ: Have you spoke to your family about it? YOu could try a councilor, there will be someone who understands.
What is it that you fear?
|

Ye we wish you the best but you shold see a doctor talk to your parents .
|

User Profile
Supporter
I really feel for both of you because I also suffer from anxiety and you really need to find a psychiatrist that will help you. Sometimes it's not the first or second doctor, but eventually you will find a good doctor. I take Vistaril and Xanax for my anxiety and I don't suffer like I used to.
|

User Profile
replied November 24th, 2009
Community Volunteer
Find a hobby....Occupy your mind with something interesting...Go to a library....Dig deeper into life...Don't dwell on your thoughts, instead find something new to learn....Take care...

Caroline
|
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....