Hi I am new to this but have been reading alot of them. In november of this year, I began to get really anxious and worried about develping a mental problem. Originally I am was worried about getting depression. I went to go see a psychologist to talk about it. He told me I should see my doctor because my mom and my brother both have general anxiety disorder and are Cipralex. I went to see my doctor and he gave 5mg of cipralex. I was doing great for a bout 3 weeks to a month, and then I got anxious again. Only this time I got anxious when I heard a story about a lady who got extreme paranoia and thought the world was a conspiracy.Then i thought what if that happens to me? It got me really worried. I began to have my thoughts escalate to the point where I would doubt my own senses. For instance do I really see something there, or am I really talking to someone there? Or am I having a schizophrenic delusion? My doctor upped my medication to 10 mg because he said I sounded like I was obsessing over certain thoughts. I still think about this fear a lot. I even analyze everything I see, hear, etc. Like yesterday I was taking with my girlfriend at school, and I was wondering, "am i actually talking to my girlfriend or am i imagining this?" almost like i think everything is a delusion or it could be fake. I just wan to be back to normal and have a peace of mind again. what are your thoughts?

p.s I used ot worry alot about having other diseases. Last year I did have a collpased lung so I got really worried about that happening again, and so I tohught every chest pain could be another collapsed lung. I then felt chest pain and I thought it might be a heart attack. I even had really bad headaches for a little while and i was convinced I had a brain tumor.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied January 21st, 2011
I do not think you have schizophrenia, but extreme anxiety. I have paranoid schizophrenia. You exihibit certain aspects of being schizo, but it sounds like to me that you have issues with obsessive thoughts. If you haven't already, I suggest that you tell you're doctor about you're fear of having schizophrenia and see what he has to say about it. I wish the best of luck and hope your worries subside soon!
|

replied January 21st, 2011
why do you think its just anxiety? are there certian characterstics that are missing that would make it schizo? how are you dealing with yours? is it manageable?
|

replied January 25th, 2011
Just to be perfectly clear, I'm no doctor. I'm just drawing from personal experience. Everyone is different. The first question is: are you seeing or hearing things that aren't really there? Personally, I see and hear things that aren't there. I definately think you have a form of paranoia, I'm just not sure if it's schizophrenic or not. Another question about your speech. Do you speak in a disorganized manner? All the schizophrenics that I have met, including myself, that have not been treating their disorder speak almost incoherently. Also, are you socially withdrawn and unable to feel emotion? These are just some of the classic question that you have to ask yourself.
I am dealing very well with my schizophrenia. For the most part, it can be a managable disorder if you get the right help. I take medication and see a therapist every week. I'm doing very well. In high school, I had about ten imaginary friends that I thought were real. One girl chased me down the hallway in high school carrying a large knife. That was when I decided that I needed help. I also thought that everyone could read my mind and that the government planted a bug in my head. I almost never hear voices anymore and I do not see imaginary people, at least I don't think so haha. I really just encourage to see a doctor to get a professional opinion, but I hope I have helped you in someway. If you have any more questions, ask! good luck! Smile
|

Active User, very eHealthy
An interesting thought though.

Planting bugs in your head, I read a post on one of these forums about the delusions trying to tell us something.

Perhaps not actually planting chips or whatever literally in your brain, but in some form or fashion perhaps such a thing happens, giving you ideas and things from a small age.

Ill have to research a little more about how we operate internally and what really goes on in this area, Ill get back to you.

Hey, it happens.

Interesting no?
|

hm. that is pretty interesting I never heard of that before.
|
Tags: Headaches
Quick Reply
Must Read
Schizophrenia is a lifelong brain disorder. But how do doctors define it? And is there a cure?...
What causes schizophrenia? And what are the risks of developing this treatable mental illness?...
The first signs of schizophrenia may be difficult to identify. Learn the most common signs and symptoms of schizophrenia and know when to ask for medical help....