Medical Questions > Mental Health > Anxiety and Stress Forum

Fear of rabies...even after vaccine?

Hello all. I am new to these forums but not to anxiety. I have been diagnosed not only with Hypochondria but also GAD, OCD, Severe Depression and BPD.

In short, Friday night I was laying in bed on my computer. All the lights in the house were on. I got up to let the dogs in from outside and sat back down. All of a sudden I felt this mild burning/stinging/itching on my wrist. I looked closely and there were two tiny pinpoint punctures - 3mm to 4mm apart. I put rubbing alcohol on them and attempted not to panic or jump to the conclusion that it was a rabid bat. But of course - in my mind I just kept thinking that some bat incognito had bitten me and is either dead somewhere in the house or flew back outside when I let the dogs in.

So this morning (now Monday) I decide to go to the Emergency Room and somehow convinced the ER to start me on rabies shots - which they did. Surpisingly, none of the nurses had ever had ANY experience with someone with a bat bite. I guess that is kind of good?

Now here I sit - you would think this could have settled my severe anxiety. Nope. Why do you ask? I am afraid that I have waited TOO long to begin the vaccinations. I have found myself "googling" for the last 4 hours. I waited a good 60 hours after this mysterious bite before I had the injections.

To further complicate things, I have NEVER seen a bat in or around my house. In my area there have only been TWO (2) rabid bats in the past 15 years.

I just don't know what to do. Just looking for a little advice before things get too bad.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 10th, 2013
Fear of rabies
Hello
I also had a similar situation like this. I was vaccinated for rabies before 2 years when a dog bit me. But last week or before When I am going on a bike a dog ran into me like it`s gonna bite me. I was escaped from there but when i returned home I had a wound in my leg. I thougt that dog bit me when I am unaware. So i put some turmeric in it, cleaned with soap,applied honey etc... and many more because I thought the dog may be a rabid. Strangely now about 2 or 3 days im in afear That im having rabies and im gonna bark or bit some one I am on a extreme fear please help me........
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...