I had really bad Panic Attacks for around 18 months but overcame them with support from my family and friends. I haven't had any for around 2 years, now at 20 I have found myself getting very Anxious, my problem is that I am very scared .My fear is, sleeping.

I have seen a film where a woman killed her boyfriend in her sleep(not meaning to) and read a story in a magazine on a girl that was terrified of hanging her self, and worried so much that she did so in her sleep.
For some reason I now have an overwhelming fear of going to sleep, my main fear is the first point I stated, that something awful would happen to one of my family or friends because of me(not that I would ever desire to cause any one harm, which is why I am so terrified) so I would rather not sleep than this happen.

I know really that it would never happen, and its rediculous. But i don't know what to do. I am so overwhelming scared and I just need someone to tell me how silly it is and that it will be okay.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied November 5th, 2010
Hi sweetgirl89,

Don't worry hun!! Just think - how many people have actually done this? The first situation you saw was not real, leaving only one real situation you have come across in a magazine. In other words, its incredibly unlikely that something like this would happen.

Secondly, you need your sleep to function - its seriously so important.

I hope this helps! Sleep well
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Learn how doctors clinically diagnose one of twelve kinds of anxiety disorders...and which doctors you should see for an anxiety diagnosis....
Anxiety disorders can affect anyone. But do you know the common signs and symptoms of anxiety disorders? Learn more now....
Anxiety is a normal, healthy emotion when experienced during specific moments. But do you know the signs that anxiety has gotten out of control? Read more here...