Ok, When I dated my Husband (we where in school living in diffrent dorms) I knew he had bad hygiene ( he would not showever everyday and would not brush his teeth everyday) but he claimed that it was because he had a really bad memory and that he needed help. So I helped him out, I loved him. Every morning I would meet him by his dorm with a tooth brush and toothpaste and he would brush his teeth on the way to class( this sounds bad I know ). When he got in trouble by his RA (they almost kicked him out of the dorm for not showering or washing his clothes) I washed his clothe and would remind him constantly. Well eventually I thought things where better and then we got married and moved in with each other. I realised he had issues beyond his "poor memory". He sometimes does not shower for WEEKS at a time same with his TEETH! If I did not wash his clothes and clean up after him he would not do anything involving cleaning. He does not even wash his hands after using the bathroom unless I catch him and get on to him. He has gotten in trouble at work for hygiene, nothing seems to phase him. We get in fights over him needing a shower. He lies to me and tells me he took one ( but I rigged the shower to see if he did and he hasn't unless he did not use soap or a towel to dry off) and then I catch him lying and he admits he lied. Now when I remind him ( and I do try to be very sensitive, but sometimes its just so disgusting even touching him) he gets extremely angry and says he will and never does or that he does not need one ( he works outside, he sweats all day). Its gotten to the point that I cannot kiss him (cause his breath smells like ass and cat litter, even from far away ). We don't have sex because I don't think he has showered since the last time we had sex! I'm not a clean freak, but I have to have a shower at least once a day and I brush my teeth at least 3xs a day. I have told him that this issue is distoying our marriage and he says its important to him, but he still does not clean himself or anything! Is their some phobia out their I don't know of that makes you afraid of soap??? I don't know what to do, I love him( I have delt with this for awile) but I'm really at my wits end. Its sad to think I might get a divorce because my Husband refused to shower!
Did you find this post helpful?
|

replied September 30th, 2010
Update

I'm now sleeping on the couch... It has been almost 2 weeks since he has showered ><.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Must Read
Stress is a natural response to life. But when does stress begin to cause health problems? Basics on stress and the stress response here....
What are the most common signs of stress? To learn which symptoms of acute, episodic and chronic stress can develop into more serious problems, start here....
Stress can trigger chronic illness. Learn how doctors test for stress and what to expect during an office visit in this section on how to diagnose stress....