Medical Questions > Conditions and Diseases > Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass Forum

fatigue, pain, headaches, dizziness, weakness, cold hands +?

Hello,

so i had gastric bypass surgery on september 2nd of last year and, just this month, i've started to notice a few symptoms.

Fatigue: it seems like I'm always tired, always in bed, too tired to go out and walk like I should. I sleep a lot but it doesn't get better with rest.

Pain: now, i was diagnosed with fibromyalgia in 2014 but, lately, my pain has been in my stomach area, and it seems like when i get up and walk, my whole body hurts more than normal.

Headaches: i never had an issue with headaches until the beginning of this month and I seem to have one every day.

Dizziness: this has happened majorly only once when I stood up, got dizzy, became light headed and fainted twice. since then, i am a little bit dizzy when i first wake up and somtimes when i first stand up.

Weakness: i am extremely weak all over and easily exhausted, my limbs feel heavy and my legs wobble sometimes.

Diarrhea: this has become more common since March, it's almost nearly every day and, today, it was a bright red watery color. (tm, sorry).

Cold hands and feet: i just noticed this recently but my hands and feet are cold, so is my upper torso but my legs are completely warm.

now, i have been to the ER a total of four times for the bloody stool, the dizziness and fainting, etc but they never find anything.

they take blood and they tell my blood work looks great and i am well hydrated.

they do CAT scans, one with contrast, and find nothing but suggest i get an MRI of my brain but with no sense of urgency.

they take chest X-Ray, do an EKG, check my temp and oxygen levels as well as blood pressure and everything is normal.

i, frankly, don't feel well and i know when something is wrong with my body. i have seen a doctor and he didn't run any test so i am going to see a new one but i have to wait a whole month.

does anyone know what this could be, should i be really worried? quite frankly, all of this is making me very anxious.
Did you find this post helpful?
|

User Profile
replied April 27th, 2016
Welcome to e health forum.

It is very common for all men and women to experience small aches and pains due to musculoskeletal issues or tissue wear and tear.

The analysis of your history and symptoms do not indicate that you have serious issues.

This is true since all medical evaluation by the panel of doctors and all the tests done so far have been found to be normal.

The other possibilities would be that you have a low threshold to pain or they could be due to psychological issues. Conditions like Fibromyalgia or chronic pain syndromes might also be a possibility.

Your diarrhea and abdominal pain are more likely due to stres and anxiety induced irritable bowel syndrome, which can be managed with antidiarrheals, and anti-colic medications like bentyl.

Your dizziness is most likely due to benign positional vertigo or postural, which can be managed by lifestyle management.

It would be recommended that you consult a rheumatologist and a psychiatrist who can help with proper diagnosis and also proper counseling and behavior management to help you manage and live with the pain.

I hope this helps.
|
Did you find this post helpful?
Quick Reply
Must Read
Abdominal pain and bellyaches are common. Though most cases of abdominal pain aren't serious, sometimes you will need to see a doctor. We’ll review some of...
Abdominal pain can be uncomfortable but is very common. But when is pain in the abdomen serious? Learn how to describe your symptoms more accurately so that yo...
It's important to "know your pain" to help your doctor diagnose the reason behind abdominal pain. Read on for more tools and information about how to diagnose ...
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Stomach, Ulcers, Gastric Bypass , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.