User Profile
For the past couple of weeks I have been experiencing constant pain in both forearms and twice have had a sharp pain in my chest once my jaw got really tight and the other time my arms felt really heavy. I have had spasms in my esphogas before and lately it feels like something is constantly stuck in my throat. I often feel tired, but I associated that with a lot of overtime being worked. Could all these symptoms be from fatigue and stress or do they warrant a visit to the doctor?

Did you find this post helpful?
|
Users who thank DoctorQuestion for this post: kimgon 

User Profile
replied March 29th, 2009
Heart Disease and Heart Attack Answer A6169

The sharp pain in the chest and in the jaw might be related with heart issues. You might want to visit your family doctor and have an ECG, laboratory tests, and perhaps stress test.
The pain in the forearms and the tiredness might not be related with the pain in the chest. It might be caused by fatigue, but the rest of the symptoms should not be neglected.
As for the esophagus spasms, you might want to check for hiatal hernia. It is a condition in which the hole in the diaphragm through which the esophagus passes is somewhat dilated, thus letting part of the stomach (gaster) to enter the thoracic cavity. This might lead to reflux of the gastric acid into the lower parts of the esophagus and its chronic inflammation which might explain the esophagus spasms. Also, when part of the stomach enters the thoracic cavity, it might put some pressure on the heart thus causing the heart pain. This might be another cause for the chest pain, especially if it appears after meals.

|
Did you find this post helpful?
This question has been answered by the doctor. This topic is now open for public discussion, however no comments below this point will be answered by a doctor.
Must Read
What happens during a heart attack? Get heart attack facts here....
What causes a heart attack? Are women more likely than men to have a heart attack? We review the risk factors and causes of heart attack here....
Can you identify early signs and symptoms of a heart attack? Are women heart attack symptoms different than men? Click here to learn when to seek help....
DISCLAIMER: "Ask a Doctor" questions are answered by certified physicians and other medical professionals. For more information about experts participating in the "Ask a Doctor" Network, please visit our medical experts page. You may also visit our Heart Disease and Heart Attack , for moderated patient to patient support and information.

The information provided on eHealth Forum is designed to improve, not replace, the relationship between a patient and his/her own physician. Personal consultation(s) with a qualified medical professional is the proper means for diagnosing any medical condition.